To our patients and guests-
Lucas Research is closely monitoring COVID-19 in an effort to keep our guests and team as safe as possible. Our team remains vigilant in their efforts to keep our facilities clean and disinfected.
In addition to this, our Team Members are also temporarily employing precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of the virus by reducing potential person-to-person contact:
- We are making Telemedicine appointments available to many of our patients, starting with appointments booked for Thursday 3/26/2020. This is basically a scheduled, HIPAA-compliant web chat with your provider and you can do it from your computer or smartphone, and you do NOT have to make a special account to do so.
These visits ARE covered by BCBS, Medicare, and Tricare just how your visits in-house are covered.
If you are interested in this, and we have not already contacted you about it, please call our team to see how we can accommodate your appointment via telemedicine! 252-222-5700 Option 5
- Our team is also looking forward to offering all curbside check-in for those who need to be seen in-house. When you arrive at the office for your appointment, please call us (252-222-5700 Option 5) to check-in and we will take things from there!
Stay comfy in your vehicle and one of our team members will come out to bring you in for your appointment. Like being at Sonic, but without the roller skates!
- For the time being, please refrain from bringing guests to your appointment unless they are absolutely essential to health or transportation purposes.
We will remain open for patient care until further notice and will adjust our schedule as necessary/applicable as more information becomes available.
In the meantime, Team Members are staying home if they present any persistent coughing, shortness of breath, or fever. If YOU are experiencing any of these symptoms and you have an upcoming appointment, please call us as soon as possible and follow our Team Members’ guidance.
For more information from the CDC about what we can all do to protect our community and ourselves from COVID19, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
We greatly appreciate your help with our effort to keep our community healthy and protected.
For further assistance, here is how our team can be reached:
- Clinical staff, for prescriptions and medical questions: 252-222-5700 Option 3
- Administrative staff, for scheduling and general questions: 252-222-5700 Option 5
-Your Lucas Research O’Hana