We do not require any medical background or degree to work here, but it is no easy task to join us at Lucas Research.
Clinical Research Associate
We are looking for team members that are humble, smart, and hungry. Plus, they should enjoy busy days, are smarter than the average bear, and want to provide customer service that people tell stories about! Do you want to help us change the world and be something bigger than yourself? For the right person advancement to a position of responsibility is certainly possible. If that applies to you and you are interested in our Research Associate position, please email your resume to info@LucasResearch.org. Good luck!
Our Clinical Research Associates may find themselves doing almost anything, they may back fill the Administrative Team if necessary, they may cover for a Clinical Research Coordinator who is out for an extended time. You will find them triaging patients, gathering medical history, replacing windshield wipers on a patient’s car, performing diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, teaching patients, teaching another team member, reading to patients, renewing prescriptions, returning phone calls, relating instructions from the doctor to patients, and returning more phone calls. Research assistants support our medical providers and Research Coordinators doing whatever needs to be done, from drawing blood, entering data, unpacking boxes, or processing specimens. The Clinical Research Associate position is the path to becoming a Clinical Research Coordinator; however, the journey can take years. If the Admin Team is face of Lucas Research, then the Research Associates are the backbone. You up for a challenge?
We are definitely looking for someone with the right qualifications and competency to meet our high standards. However, it is even more important that our team be friendly, cooperative, motivated, and able to take on new responsibilities. We work as a team and support each other. It takes a very special person to become one of our stars. Besides very competitive pay scales, we offer:
- Absolutely non-smoking environment
- BCBS health insurance for team members
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for medical expenses
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for daycare expenses
- Paid holidays
- 16 paid personal days off each year
- Uniforms, as applicable
- IRA employer match
- Subsidized corporate Sports Center Membership
- Pleasant working environment
- CME educational benefits (all of our medical team has been to ECU for a 5-day diabetes fellowship)
Some of us are capable of doing multiple jobs in the office and also fill-in as needed. Our clinical staff rotate between providers and the support desk. Some of us are not doing the job we were initially hired to do; the point is that our stars needs to be flexible.
Besides becoming an expert in diabetes, our clinical team learns to:
- Perform bone density testing
- Conduct continuous glucose monitors
- Administer IV Boniva treatments
- Train patients to use insulin pumps
- Assist with thyroid ultrasounds and thyroid nodule aspirations
- Blood drawing
- Use CLIA waived lab equipment
- Perform thyroid uptakes
- Patient education
- Help with clinical research studies