Interested in Volunteering?
Call our office and talk with one of our coordinators about what the specific requirements are for our current studies. If you do not qualify for studies right now, ask to be added to our confidential database so we may notify you of future studies. We are finishing and starting new studies throughout the year.
If you are ready to take the next steps to see if you can participate in clinical research, fill out our questionnaire to speed things along!
Facts About Research:
- Studies are conducted locally by major pharmaceutical companies
- All FDA approved medications undergo clinical trials on large numbers of people; without these trials there would be no new diabetes medications
- Study-related medications are at no cost
- Physician visits and study-related lab tests are at no cost
- Reimbursement for time and travel expenses
- Blood glucose testing supplies are at no cost
Health Benefit Highlights:
- Diabetic control improves because of frequent doctor visits and education
- Subjects have access to new medications before the public
- You can help yourself, help your diabetes, and help others
Lucas Research Pediatric Diabetes Studies
We are very excited to announce that our office is now participating in Pediatric Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes studies! Pediatric studies are rare. We offer a child-friendly office environment and many of our qualified providers and staff are parents themselves. Flexible office visit hours (including early mornings, late afternoons, weekend and virtual appointments) may be available if needed to minimize time away from school. Let us help your child and your entire family live a better life with diabetes!
How it works:
- Fill out the online questionnaire (see the link below).
- Questionnaires will be reviewed by Dr. Lucas to see if your child qualifies for one of our research studies.
- We will contact you to make an appointment at our office (if your child qualifies).
- This appointment is free of charge and very similar to a regular doctor’s appointment.
- At the appointment, you can find out more about the research studies available and ask questions.
- No commitment until you are comfortable that this is the right choice for you and your child.
Click here if you still aren’t sure and would like a few more questions answered.